| |

Why you shouldn’t eat any peppervine berries (Nekemias arborea) even if i do.

I eat peppervine berries.

You probably shouldn’t.

While not toxic, they’re poisonous because the microscopic spines inside them can result in a chemical burn to the esophagus.

Almost everyone can eat one or two berries and have no problems. I know you can eat more if you’re willing to risk a burn and I think they’re a great survival food.

Personally, I’m not going to be chowing down because, although distantly akin to the grape, they aren’t worth very much throat pain–if any. I don’t eat very many.

And I’m sure my mother is happy about that.

Similar Posts